
Nowadays, Taiwanese Young generation is major network and movie users (Taiwan NICI government report 2007, EICP 2008).I started thinking that I can combine the traditional art and the computer technology as a new media resolution which can let young generation have the opportunity to experience it.

My first prototype is a digital puppet made by Processing. The puppet has similar structure with the real shadow puppet. I would like to create the interactive interface for young generation to experience the art with their intimate media.

The Processing puppet is composed of ten separate segments, including the head, and each segment of the puppet’s hand and leg which can be rotated all the way around by key-pressing. The puppet’s position can be changed by user’s mouse-dragging.
Assumption
1. Chang, Hsing-Kuo: key-pressing by users’ fingers can
help them experience the way the masters learned how
to control the puppet.
2. After testing target audience, they suggest that I can
add different functions to change the characters, bg,
and make puppet move fast than it does.
Source code: sketch_080913b
Built with Processing
No comments:
Post a Comment